The opportunity ✨
Here at Waitwhile we're on a mission to eliminate the 1 trillion hours that people spend waiting in lines every year. Our platform is trusted by over 10,000 companies worldwide and has helped more than 150 million people enjoy a radically better waiting experience.
We're looking for an incredible VP of Engineering who will support Waitwhile's mission by building a world class engineering culture and team, shaping our technology & product roadmap, and championing our vision for building the best platform for our users. You'll report to our CEO and work collaboratively with our CTO and other members of the Waitwhile team to build innovative tech.
We put empathy at the heart of our interactions because we believe that this trait is the most important one for effective teams. We believe in transparency and we practice what we preach. As the VP of Engineering, you will play a key role in setting the long-term direction of Waitwhile's global engineering strategy that you will help build, develop, and execute.
The ideal candidate will be an empathetic communicator and an excellent cross-functional collaborator who has experience scaling world-class technical organizations. They are a hands-on engineering leader that has experience across the technical stack, are pragmatic in their approach to software development, and are capable of making fast, practical, and effective technology decisions.
What you’ll own 🚀
- The Waitwhile engineering team, consisting of 20+ geographically distributed software engineers. You will partner with product development, operations, design and UX, product marketing and analytics to heavily inform the Product roadmap with your technical perspective.
- Delivery execution excellence: the overarching delivery schedule and quality of product features we conceive, build and ship to delight our current customers and win new ones.
- Reliability, uptime and operations: the fundamentals that ensure Waitwhile exceeds SLAs and is developed sustainably to continually optimize the ongoing cost of its support and maintenance.
- Engineering talent management: the responsibility to set performance management standards that cultivate and groom personal growth within your organization.
- Cross technology organizational relationships: the ability to cross boundaries and develop strong relationships with our pre and post sales team leaders and our customers.
What skills you need 📖
- 10-15+ years experience in technical organizational leadership.
- Experience in high growth, dynamic, distributed teams.
- Proven ability to set technical vision and build the technical product roadmap from launch to scale.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, diplomacy, and humility to lead and develop strong working relationships.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills including requirements analysis and risk assessment.
- Experience working with stakeholders to create hiring strategies to recruit and develop quality teams.
- Knowledgeable about industry trends and best practices.
- Ability to identify opportunities and challenges in the marketplace by constantly evaluating emerging and/or innovating technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related discipline is a big plus.
A great place to work ❤️
We want Waitwhile to be an incredible place to work. We offer great benefits and perks, flexible working hours and lots of interesting challenges. We believe in making work fun and rewarding and care about your development and are committed to your success.
Waitwhile has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. We aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?