The opportunity ✨
Waitwhile works to eliminate the 1 trillion hours that people spend waiting in lines every year. Our platform is trusted by over 10,000 companies worldwide and has helped more than 250 million people enjoy a radically better waiting experience at places like IKEA, Louis Vuitton, Costco, Tribeca Film Festival and more.
We are looking for a Web Developer to join our mission to eliminate waiting. Joining a small-but-growing team, you'll play a large role and have an impact on how we build an even more amazing brand and product You'll work collaboratively with our Marketing, Design and Engineering teams to build incredible web experiences.
This position is based in Stockholm at our beautiful bright offices in the city on Kungsgatan 32. We're an in-person company and prefer that you work from the office at least 2 days per week as we believe the best product gets built together, live.
What you'll be doing 🚀
As a Web Developer you would work on projects like:
- Lead the architectural design, implementation, and maintenance of our homepage (waitwhile.com) in collaboration with our UX, Graphic Design and Marketing team
- Implement a new modern Content Management System (CMS) to make publishing updates to our website easier
- Create new simple web apps for Waitwhile from the ground up for different audiences and experiences, like our Printable Waitlist generator and Customer Flow Scorecard.
- Implement A/B tests and personalization technologies to improve website conversion rates
- Implement web widgets to make it easier for our customers to embed Waitwhile on their websites
- Build marketplace apps and integrations for Waitwhile at places like Square, Intercom and WIX
What skills you need 📖
- 5+ years Experience building website and web applications
- Experience with implementing or maintaining a Content Management System, such as Sanity, Contentful, Joomla and Webflow.
- A demonstrated ability to diagnose and prevent performance and optimization problems
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Writing understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Demonstrated fluent spoken and written English (and preferably Swedish).
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- You're experienced with React, Angular or Vue
- You're experienced working with headless CMS platforms like Sanity.io or Contentful.
- You're experienced with Firebase, Firestore or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with graphics programming or shading languages (Three.JS - WebGL).
- You've worked at a Startup or built a SaaS platform
Great place to work ❤️
We want Waitwhile to be an incredible place to work. We offer great benefits and perks flexible working hours and lots of interesting challenges. We believe in making work fun and rewarding and care about your development and are committed to your success.
Waitwhile has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?