The opportunity ✨
At Waitwhile, we work on tools to eliminate the 1 trillion hours that people spend waiting in lines every year. Our queue management platform is trusted by over 10,000 companies worldwide and helps millions of people enjoy a radically better waiting experience.
Waitwhile is looking for aSupport Engineer to assist customers in need and make their experience of Waitwhile a joy.
We build our app using Nodejs, Firebase, Firestore and Linux on Google Cloud Platform. Expertise in these areas is a huge plus, but having familiarity with other common web languages (such as Python or Go) and other databases are fine substitutes. We’re a small cross-functional team who genuinely enjoys working together to make Waitwhile a better product. We are looking for engineers that really enjoy solving problems and helping out.
What you'll be doing 🚀
- You'll resolve technical customer issues via email, chat and video conferencing.
- You’ll analyze data logs and write queries to troubleshoot complex technical issues and identify improvement areas.
- You'll create and update technical documentation based on customer interactions and best practices
- You’ll support our customers with API integrations and update our Developer Hub (developers.waitwhile.com) with best practice guides and tutorials
- You’ll partner with our Sales and Support teams to support our largest Enterprise customers with advanced configuration tasks and getting started with our API
- You'll work alongside Product Managers to define and shape the product goals, roadmap, priorities, and strategy based on your frontline knowledge of technical customer needs.
- You'll continually research and learn the current and future best practices of using Waitwhile - and stretch our platform to its full potential to support advanced use-cases.
- You’ll improve our support standards, tooling, and processes.
What skills you need 📖
- You're a natural communicator and delight in using those skills to help others.
- You’re able to communicate complex technical topics to customers and coworkers of varying technical skill levels.
- You're technical and love exploring new technologies and figuring things out the hard way.
- You enjoy solving many small problems per day.
- You’re experienced in managing cases throughout the entire support lifecycle from initial customer inquiry to triage and reproduction, writing bug reports for hand off to the development team, and case resolution.
- You understand what it's like to be on-call and can jump into a complex situation and make sense of and communicate clearly to stakeholders what's going on.
- You're comfortable using support platforms such as Intercom or Zendesk
- You’re familiar with using developer workflow platforms like GitHub, GitLab or Jira
- You can demonstrate excellent spoken and written English.
- You have completed a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
We're small but really want everyone on the team to thrive with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Super-sized vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Health plans and 401(k) savings to make sure you thrive! (United States & Sweden only right now)
Waitwhile has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?