Why you will love Waitwhile💖
Our product team is headquartered in Stockholm, while our entire team is based throughout the Globe. Waitwhile has around 30 employees and is growing rapidly. Waitwhile is a leading brand in our industry and it's only looking up from here!
Waitwhile works to eliminate the 1 trillion hours that people spend waiting in lines every year. Our platform is trusted by over 10,000 companies worldwide and has helped more than 100 million people enjoy a radically better waiting experience.
In this role, you’ll join as our second product designer which means you'll play a huge role and get to work on everything design, UX, and brand for Waitwhile. We are looking for a designer who has a balance of great visual design coupled with the ability for storytelling in different formats.
We’re redefining an age-old idea of waiting in line. There is a lot of work to be done – but our collaborative team of creatives makes the journey thrilling. We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
What you'll be doing 🚀
On a day-to-day basis as a product designer you will partner with product managers and engineers on building new features and experiences in our platform. You will design flows, wireframes, prototypes, and hi-fidelity mockups using Figma. You must be able to turn complex problems into simple, elegant design solutions for best-in-class mobile and desktop experiences and contribute to maintaining and evolving Waitwhile’s centralized design system.
What we are looking for 📖
You must be a motivated self-starter who is comfortable working across the entire design process from concepts to high-fidelity mockups and have proven experience designing and shipping digital products. To succeed in this role, you have to have the ability to collaborate deeply with other disciplines including product management, engineering, and analytics, be comfortable with uncertainty, and not be afraid to pivot direction quickly. We will also want to see an online portfolio or PDF that you can share. If you have worked in a SaaS or start-up environment that's a huge plus, too.
Skills you will need:
- 3+ years of experience in building real digital products that solve real problems (not just websites)
- Worked in multi-disciplinary teams and with iterative development cycles
- Ability to design polished, high fidelity mockups and prototypes using Figma/Sketch
Not required, but these skills would be a bonus:
- Professional user testing experience
- Animation/Motion design
We're small but really want everyone on the team to thrive with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Recharge. Super-sized vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Great Company Culture. We are on the ground floor of growth and our priority is ensuring Waitwhile continues to be a great place to work. We value employee feedback and strive to maintain an engaging culture.
- Prepare for the Future. Pension plan that your future-self will thank you for. (United States & Sweden only right now)
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing start-up.
- Make an Impact. We care about your individuality by giving you freedom to grow and create within the company, regardless of your position.