The opportunity ✨
Waitwhile works to eliminate the 1 trillion hours that people spend waiting in lines every year. Our platform is trusted by over 10,000 companies worldwide and has helped more than 150 million people enjoy a radically better waiting experience.
We are looking for a Web Developer to join our mission to eliminate waiting. Joining a small-but-growing team, you'll play a large role and have an impact on how we build an even more amazing product. You'll work collaboratively with our CTO, Head of Design and other members of the Waitwhile team to build incredible experiences.
As a Web Developer you would work on projects like:
- Improve our homepage (waitwhile.com) in collaboration with our UX team
- Build new features and improve the user experiences in our core web app (app.waitwhile.com)
- Implement web widgets to make it easier for our customers to embed Waitwhile on their websites
- Build marketplace apps and integrations for Waitwhile at places like Square, Intercom and WIX
- Create new web apps for Waitwhile from the ground up for different audiences and experiences
Still interested? Here's more info:
What you'll be doing 🚀
- Brainstorm with the Product Managers, Designers and Backend Engineers on your team to conceptualize and build new features for our growing user base
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
What skills you need 📖
- 3+ years Experience building web applications (experience in React or Angular is a bonus!)
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- A solid understanding in core web and browser concepts (eg. how the browser parses and constructs a web page)
- A demonstrated ability to diagnose and prevent performance and optimization problems
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Writing understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Demonstrated fluent spoken and written English
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- You're experienced with React, Angular or Vue
- You're experienced with Firebase, Firestore or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with graphics programming or shading languages (Three.JS - WebGL).
- You've worked at a Startup or built a SaaS platform
Great place to work ❤️
We want Waitwhile to be an incredible place to work. We offer great benefits and perks flexible working hours and lots of interesting challenges. We believe in making work fun and rewarding and care about your development and are committed to your success.
Waitwhile has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?