The opportunity ✨
At Waitwhile, we work on tools to eliminate the 1 Trillion hours that people spend waiting in lines every year. Our queue management platform is trusted by over 10k companies worldwide and has helped 100M people enjoy a radically better waiting experience.
Waitwhile is looking for a strong Frontend Architect to spearhead our web and mobile clients. You will create new features, maintain existing code, and help drive our frontend architecture, as we rapidly scale our product and organization. We’re a small cross-functional team who genuinely enjoys working together to make Waitwhile a better product. We are looking for engineers that understand that simplicity and reliability are aspects of a system to be carefully calculated with every decision made.
We build our app using React, React-Native, NodeJS, Cloud Firestore and Linux on Google Cloud Platform. Expertise in these areas is a huge plus but deep experience of software development and computer science in general is our main criteria.
What you'll be doing 🚀
- You'll brainstorm with Product Managers, Designers and Backend Engineers on our team to conceptualize and build new features for our growing user base.
- You'll be responsible for architectural decisions and leading by example, to make our frontends be as well written, performant and lean as possible.
- You’ll produce high-quality results by contributing heavily to team projects that have a significant impact on the business.
- You'll assist our skilled support team and operations team in triaging and resolving production issues.
- You’ll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
What skills you need 📖
- You’ve been building web applications professionally for 5+ years and have been responsible for delivering web and mobile clients to production in a lead or architect role.
- A solid understanding in core web and browser concepts (eg. how the browser parses and constructs a web page).
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- You can contribute to technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability. You’ve experience in writing automated tests.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You can demonstrate excellent spoken and written English.
- You have completed a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- You're experienced with React or React Native
- You're experienced with Google Cloud Platform
- You've worked at a Startup or built a SaaS platform
We're small but really want everyone on the team to thrive with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Super-sized vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Work remotely with great equipment. We help you level up your home office with awesome hardware and gear.
- Health plans and 401(k) savings to make sure you thrive! (United States & Sweden only right now)
Waitwhile has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?