The opportunity ✨
At Waitwhile, we work on tools to eliminate the 1 Trillion hours that people spend waiting in lines every year. Our queue management platform is trusted by over 10k companies worldwide and has helped 100M people enjoy a radically better waiting experience.
Finding the best people - and keeping them happy and thriving - is a key driver to Waitwhile's success. We're looking to hire our first generalist HR person who will also oversee our recruiting efforts. You will drive a full recruitment cycle for positions across various sales, support, marketing and engineering teams and levels. You will also partner closely with senior leadership to improve our HR processes, support compensation and scale our hiring (by e.g. onboarding external recruitment agencies). You will work tirelessly to create a personal and positive experience for all candidates and team members that you engage with.
What you'll be doing 🚀
- Manage, drive and own the full cycle recruiting for various teams and levels by creating robust pipelines through active sourcing of multiple channels, screening resumes, interviewing and closing candidates
- Demonstrate strong sourcing strategies and techniques to find top talent
- Identify, prescreen and evaluate both passive and active candidates
- Create and drive effective interview panel meetings and debriefs alongside hiring managers
- Obsess about candidate experience and keep candidates informed with quality communications throughout the interview process
- Drive offer process, including offer approvals, extensions, negotiations and closings'
- Represent Waitwhile's mission vision and values with integrity and professionalism
HR and operations
- Create and maintain HR documentation such as offer letters, onboarding docs for new hires and warning letters
- Creating onboarding plans and educating newly hired employees on HR policies, internal procedures and regulations
- Maintaining records for employees and their documents, benefits and attendance records
- Help with evaluating employee performance and appraising their pay scale accordingly
- Taking appropriate disciplinary action against employees who violate rules and regulations and addressing employee grievances
What skills you need 📖
- 2+ years of full cycle technical recruiting experience in a fast paced, complex environment
- Ability to effectively multitask while maintaining the highest level of internal and external customer satisfaction
- Impeccable organisational and verbal and written communicational skills, and high attention to detail
- Demonstrate passion and drive while maintaining a friendly and professional demeanour
- Strong sense of hustle and urgency
- Sourcing and talent research skills using multiple tools
- Eagerness to learn and contribute to a fast growing team and company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Strong empathy and interpersonal skills
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- You've worked at a startup or fast growing company in a similar role
We're small but really want everyone on the team to thrive with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Super-sized vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Work remotely with great equipment. We help you level up your home office with awesome hardware and gear.
- Health plans and 401(k) savings to make sure you thrive! (United States & Sweden only right now)