The opportunity ✨
At Waitwhile, we work on tools to eliminate the 1 Trillion hours that people spend waiting in lines every year. Our queue management platform is trusted by over 10k companies worldwide and has helped 100M people enjoy a radically better waiting experience.
We're looking for our first Product Marketing manager to help craft our product positioning, communication plan, build the Waitwhile brand and grow our customer base.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about product marketing, creating and building impactful communication plans, and enabling businesses to deliver better customer experiences. In this role you will help drive the product marketing strategy, develop personas, figure out what features are most impactful and ensure they are adopted by our customers. You are detail-oriented, self-motivated, and have a bias for action. This person will be asked to demonstrate leadership, product thinking, and executional excellence.
What you'll be doing 🚀
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our customers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for Waitwhile, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of your marketing programs on an ongoing basis
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
What skills you need 📖
- Proven experience as a Product Marketing Manager, Brand Manager or similar role
- Background in design and copywriting is a plus
- Experience in market and customer analysis
- Familiar with product marketing tactics (e.g. integrated marketing campaigns)
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Amplitude)
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
- You’re highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic, and can work both autonomously and collaboratively with cross-functional partners.
- You are comfortable and energized operating in a fast-paced environment.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- You've done product marketing for a startup and/or SaaS product before
- You're an Intercom or HubSpot expert
- You know HTML, CSS or SQL
We're small but really want everyone on the team to thrive with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Super-sized vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Work remotely with great equipment. We help you level up your home office with awesome hardware and gear.
- Health plans and 401(k) savings to make sure you thrive! (United States & Sweden only right now)
Waitwhile has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?