The opportunity ✨
Waitwhile works to eliminate the 1 trillion hours that people spend waiting in lines every year. Our platform is trusted by over 10,000 companies worldwide and has helped more than 100 million people enjoy a radically better waiting experience.
We are looking for Frontend Engineers to join our mission to eliminate waiting. Joining a small-but-growing team, you'll play a large role and have an impact on how we build an even more amazing product. You'll work collaboratively with our CTO and other members of the Waitwhile team to build innovative tech.
As a Frontend Engineer you would design and implement new features such as:
- Payments to help people save time while waiting
- Automation to help business streamline their customer journeys
- Ensuring state of the art user experience on iOS, Android and web
- Improve performance and real-time responsiveness of our apps
Still interested? Here's more info:
What you'll be doing 🚀
- Brainstorm with the CTO, Product Managers, Designers, Backend, and Frontend Engineers on your team to conceptualize and build new features for our growing user base
- Produce high-quality results by contributing heavily to team projects that have a significant impact on the business
- Assist our support team and operations team in triaging and resolving production issues
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
What skills you need 📖
- 3+ years Experience building web applications (experience of modern React in particular)
- A solid understanding in core web and browser concepts (eg. how the browser parses and constructs a web page)
- A demonstrated ability to diagnose and prevent performance and optimization problems
- Confidence in contributing to technical architecture discussions and driving technical decisions
- Writing understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Experience in writing automated tests
- Communication - comfortably explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Demonstrated fluent spoken and written English
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field (equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience works too)
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- You're experienced with React or Angular or Vue
- You're experienced with Google Cloud Platform
- You've worked at a Startup or built a SaaS platform
Great place to work ❤️
We want Waitwhile to be an incredible place to work. We offer great benefits and perks flexible working hours and lots of interesting challenges. We believe in making work fun and rewarding and care about your development and are committed to your success.
Waitwhile has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?