The opportunity ✨
At Waitwhile, we work on tools to eliminate the 1 Trillion hours that people spend waiting in lines every year. Our queue management platform is trusted by over 10k companies worldwide and has helped 100M people enjoy a radically better waiting experience.
We are now looking for Backend and Full-Stack Engineers to join us on our mission to make waiting in line a thing of the past. We’re a small and scrappy team where you would be playing a huge role and have a big impact on how we build and make our product even more amazing. You would be joining a cross-functional team in a fast-growing company where we believe in the power of working together and building truly innovative technology.
As a Software Engineer you would build features, design and implement API methods, and improve the performance and reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale our product and organization.
We build our app using NodeJS, Firebase, Firestore and Linux on Google Cloud Platform. Expertise in these areas is a huge plus, but having familiarity with other common web languages (such as Python or Go) and other databases are fine substitutes.
What you'll be doing 🚀
- You'll brainstorm with Product Managers, Designers, Backend, and Frontend Engineers on your team to conceptualize and build new features for our growing user base.
- You’ll produce high-quality results by contributing heavily to team projects that have a significant impact on the business.
- You’ll actively own team features or systems and define their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems.
- You'll assist our skilled support team and operations team in triaging and resolving production issues.
- You’ll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
What skills you need 📖
- You’ve been building web applications professionally for 2+ years.
- You can contribute to technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You have completed a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- You're experienced with Google Cloud Platform
- You've worked at a Startup or built a SaaS platform
Great place to work ❤️We want Waitwhile to be an incredible place to work. We offer some great benefits and perks and possibility to work remote, flexible working hours and lots of interesting challenges. We believe in making work fun and rewarding and care about your development and are committed to your success. So hit that button and join our journey of building the future of waiting (which is, not waiting at all ;))!
Waitwhile has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?