The opportunity ✨
Waitwhile works to eliminate the 1 trillion hours that people spend waiting in lines every year. Our platform is trusted by over 10,000 companies worldwide and has helped more than 100 million people enjoy a radically better waiting experience.
We are looking for Backend and Full-Stack Engineers to join our mission to eliminate waiting. Joining a small-but-growing team, you'll play a large role and have an impact on how we build an even more amazing product. You'll work collaboratively with our CTO and other members of the Waitwhile team to build innovative tech.
As a Software Engineer you would design and implement new features such as:
- Payments to help people save time while waiting
- Machine learning models to improve wait estimation and analytics
- Improve scalability and performance lowering tail latencies in our API
- Automation to help business streamline their customer journeys
Still interested? Here's more info:
What you’ll be doing 🚀
- Brainstorm with the CTO, Product Managers, Designers, Backend, and Frontend Engineers on your team to conceptualize and build new features for our growing user base
- Produce high-quality results by contributing heavily to team projects that have a significant impact on the business
- Actively own team features or systems and define their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems
- Assist our support team and operations team in triaging and resolving production issues
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
What skills you need 📖
- 3+ years experience building web applications
- Confidence in contributing to technical architecture discussions and driving technical decisions
- Writing understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Communication - comfortably explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field (equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience works too)
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- You're experienced with Google Cloud Platform
- You've worked at a Startup or built a SaaS platform
A great place to work ❤️
We want Waitwhile to be an incredible place to work. We offer great benefits and perks, flexible working hours and lots of interesting challenges. We believe in making work fun and rewarding and care about your development and are committed to your success.
Waitwhile has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. We aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?